Fees and scholarships



Information on fees are available at: http://www.unipd.it/en/tuition-fees-scholarships-tax-relief-schemes. The amount depends on the student’s ISEE (Equivalent Economic Status Index), which is based on his/her personal and family income. You will be assisted to fill in the forms necessary for the determination of you ISEE. The student’s citizenship does not affect the fees’ amount.

What is ISEE?

The Equivalent Economic Status Index (ISEE – Indicatore della Situazione Economica Equivalente) is a certificate summarising incomes and properties of the student's household. It can be requested at an authorized public office (the INPS – Istituto Nazionale Previdenza Sociale - office, and the CAF – Tax Advise Centres - offices) or at a private chartered accountant.

The ISEE certificate affects access to many economic benefits, such as scholarships, housing, reduced rates for canteens and other facilities. Any students - including non-Italian citizens - should require their ISEE certificate and keep it updated.

Please note that obtaining the ISEE requires 12-15 working days.


Tuition Fee-waivers for students enrolling in degree courses held in English

The University of Padova offers full tuition fee-waivers to students enrolling in one of its degree courses completely held in English. Fee-waivers are offered for 1 academic year. Tuition fee-waivers are offered to students who have obtained (or are about to obtain) the qualification to be admitted to the chosen degree course in a foreign institution (e.g. external to the Italian Higher Education System). See http://www.unipd.it/en/tuition-fee-waivers-students-enrolling-degree-courses-held-english




The University can handle regional funds to finance low-income students, both Italian and foreign, who have a good academic record.

The scholarship consists partly of money and partly of services, such as accommodation and meals at the University canteens (provided by the ESU Office).

The application form has to be filled in online from approximately July to September of each academic year.

Students will declare their economic condition through the ISEE, i.e. Income Assessment Form.

Moreover, non EU students will produce further documentation: a certification of the their household composition and a certification of incomes and properties, if residing in Italy because of working, of family reunification, or because they are political refugees. The documents must be translated by an Italian Consulate/Embassy.