Next graduation dates
April 24, 2020
June 17, 2020
July 20, 2020
September 17, 2020
October 22, 2020
December 4, 2020
Rules for thesis and final exam
The final exam consists in the presentation of the Master Thesis to the Committee of the Final Exam (“Committee” in what follows). The thesis (15 CFU) must be based on a stage (15 CFU) that may take place in a company of other private or public institution, not part of the Università di Padova, offering to a student the possibility to work on a subject related to Data Science. The thesis is to be prepared under the guidance of a representative of the hosting institution (co-supervisor) and a Professor or Researcher of the Università di Padova (supervisor). The Committee is comprised by at least 5 members, chosen among Professors and Researchers of the Università di Padova. Co-advisors are invited to the Final Exam; they are not members of the Committee, but the Committee takes their evaluation into account.
The final grade is computed summing the following increments to the weighted average of the exams’ grades, multiplied by 110/30:
- Up to 6 points for the thesis. These points are assigned by the Committee, on the basis of the supervisor’s evaluation.
- 1 point if at least one of the following conditions are verified:
- the Laurea is obtained within December of the second year;
- the exams passed “cum laude” amount to at least 18 CFU.
- Up to 2 points for exceptional contributions if the thesis. In the case the supervisor evaluates the thesis contributions as exceptional, she/he must request a report by a referee at least one month before the final exam. The request must be made to the Presidents of the CCS, who nominates the referee.
In the case the total grade is above 112, the Committee can assign the “laude”, provided all members of the Committee, with the exception of at most one, agree on the assignment.