The call for admission 2019/20 for non-EU students resident abroad is now open!
The call for admission 2018/19 for EU students and non-EU students with residency in Italy will open in June 2019.
The number of students admitted to the program is restricted as follows:
- EU students and non-EU students with residency in Italy: 40.
- Non-EU students resident abroad: 10 of which Chinese (“Marco Polo” Programme): 2.
Curricular requirements and adequate educational background
To be admitted to the course, basic knowledge of the following disciplines is required: Mathematics: Differential and integral calculus for functions of one or more real variables. Numerical sequences and infinite sums. Basic notions of linear Algebra. Basic notions of Probability, including random variables, expectation, Central Limit Theorem. Computer Science: Programming in high level language (e.g. Java, C, C++, Python). Computer architecture: CPU, memory, peripherals, networks, operating system. Algorithms and data structures.
This knowledge is verified by the achievement of:
- 30 ECTS in the following areas: MAT/01-09; SECS-S/01; SECS-P/06; INF/01; ING-INF/05 of which at least
ECTS Area (SSD) 12 MAT/01-09; SECS-S/01; SECS-P/06 8 INF/01; ING-INF/05
- Degree classification equivalent to at least 85/110.
- a careful analysis of the curriculum, in particular the contents of the courses in Mathematics and Computer Science;
- the exam grades and the degree classification;
- a B2 level of ENGLISH (reading and listening); no formal certificate is needed.
For candidates with a foreign degree, the academic requirements are verified by the admission commission. Should it not be possible to assess directly the equivalence of the degree or the equivalence of the degree classification with the Italian system and whether requirements are met, the admission commission will evaluate the overall academic records of the applicant.
At the end of the process, the Commission will decide whether or not the candidate meets the curricular requirements and has an adequate educational background; a merit list will be drawn up only if the number of applicants exceeds the number of places available.